St Patrick's Napier

ERO 2016     School Uniform     School Policies    Emergency Plan      Sponsors

Financial Statements 

School Day / Hours
8.45am     School Starts
10.25am   Morning Break
10.45am   2nd Morning Session
12.30pm   Lunch Break
1.25pm     Afternoon Session
2.55pm     School Finishes

Parents please ensure that your children do not arrive at school before 8.00am
We would like students to be picked up or have left by 3.15pm.

We have a School Assembly every Friday at 9.00am in the School Hall. All are welcome!

Contacting the School
To report school absences please phone the school office and leave a message, or text 027 750 7813.  
If you need to contact your child's teacher please phone the school office 843 9238 or contact the teacher by email. 

Catholic Schools Board Fees (Attendance Dues)
These fees are to be paid to the Catholic Schools Board in Wellington 
PO Box 12 -341  Thorndon Wellington.
The amount per child is $421.30. per annum.  Please note these fees are seperate from our school fees.  Please contact the school if you need to discuss payment arrangements  or  Phone the Catholic School Board 0800 462 725. 
No child should be disadvantaged because of finanical hardship.

Stationery
All students are issued stationery packs at the beginning of the year.  This ensures each student has the correct stationery.  The school office carries stationery that may be purchased throughout the year if required. Accounts for stationery and school related costs are posted to parents / caregivers in early March. We welcome eftpos / internet banking / cash / cheques or automatic payments can be arranged.

Buses
The Ministry of Education provides transport for children living beyond Dominion Road, Bay View and beyond Korokipo Taradale and those living in Clive.
St Patrick's and Sacred Heart College share a bus for pupils from Tamatea and Taradale. Students are required to purchase tickets from the school office. 
Information on bus routes please phone Metro (06) 835 0590.

Cycles
The police recommend the minimum age for pupils to ride cycles is ten years of age.
Parents are asked to ensure that their child is conversant with road rules, that they can ride safely and their bicycle is roadworthy.  All cyclists are to wear a cycle helmet.  At school all bicycles are kept in an enclosed area that has bike stands.

Controlled School Crossing  
Traffic Wardens are on duty at the school entrance on Riverbend Road and at the Kennedy Road lights.  The pupils are police trained.
The school entrance nearest Kennedy Road is for service and staff vehicles only.

Please adhere to the following rules for the safety of our students:
- Do not double park
- Do not U-turn near the school 
- Do not stop or park on yellow lines or the bus stop
- Do not expect, or direct your children to cross the road at any point except at the                     supervised crossing or traffic lights

Dental Clinic
Students go to the Onekawa School Dental Clinic.  If an appointment is required
please phone 873 4863

Illness or Injury
When a child becomes ill or is injured at school and there is a need to send the child home,
parents will be contacted  to collect the child.  In such cases, parents are asked to report to
school office. 
In the case of serious injury, arrangements will be made by the school to transport the child to their doctor or to the Medical Centre (by ambulance when required). Again the parents will be informed.
If medication is required to be taken at school, a permission form will need to be signed by the parent and returned to the school office.